That is the question. However, here at Jazz Camp the jazz is mandatory.
So today started the official week of jazz camp. Campers moved in, we took their money, tested them, sorted them like cattle, and then threw water balloons at them. It's been a blast thus far.
Seriously though, it's great. I look forward to it every summer. People at work think I'm strange for taking a week of vacation to go RA at a camp, but it's a week of paid room and board doing something I love with people I love. What better way to use your vacation time? It's things like this that really make me miss school, but I realize that the rosy glow of college memories is something I have to get over, and this is part of the reason I'm fairly certain this is my last jazz camp. It makes the week all the sweeter.
The kids seem to be hilarious and unique -- my favorite combo. We only have one repeat from the previous year in the dorm and she's always been fun, in a quiet, stealthy sort of way. It's fun to see everybody's personalities emerge throughout the week.
Anyway, I'm already sleep deprived (having slept in a recliner most of the night). And starving (but I think someone's bringing me a sandwich...or maybe a taco). And...tomorrow is another day.
Your last? Awwwhhhhh. Say it ain't so. Does Tina know?
ReplyDelete