Last night after the concert was over the kids jammed and we prepared the evening activity. S'mores. That's right, get them hopped up on sugar and then send them to bed and tell them to sleep soundly. Right... But it was a lot of fun and they really seemed to enjoy it. They're a pretty fun group of kids.
So a part of jazz camp is hanging out after the campers go to bed. We usually play games and laugh at ourselves -- we think we're smarter and funnier than we really are.
Last night was no exception to this rule. After the campers went to bed we sat out on the porch (the weather has been so beautiful) and played cards and ate until 2am. What happened at 2am? We went to bed? Oh no. At 2am the night security guard came over to join us and spent the next 2+ hours pontificating about politics. Now, I'm not overly political, but I love a good arguement. And more than that I love poking holes in an arguement someone else believes to be sound. It was an interesting time. I wish I could remember most of it, because as I recall it was pretty hilarious.
As a result, we didn't sleep. The security guard left around 5 and we stayed up to watch the sunrise until 6. After that I didn't see much of a point in going to bed for an hour only to wake up at 7 to get the kids up. I slept from 7-9 and from 9:30-10:30. Combined with the three hours I slept yesterday...things are pretty funny. I saw faces in the tile specks this morning. Oye.
Today has been pretty uneventful, which is a good thing. We've got a concert tonight for combos and a big band dress rehearsal of sorts. Tomorrow is the big band concert and then the kids go home and I fly to CA. Woohoo!
Okay, off to...do something...
So, how do you make blueberry s'mores?
ReplyDeleteYou stick blueberries in the middle of the marshmallow, duh.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering the same thing, the title of this post was very misleading. I'd like to submit a complaint....
ReplyDeleteComplaints will get you nowhere. Bribes, on the other hand...
ReplyDelete