In three weeks I begin my last year of my twenties. Weird. Alternately, as my friend Alex likes to point out, it's the beginning of the 30th year of my life on Earth. Thank, Alex. And all I've got to show for it is this ashtray, this paddle-ball game, and these matches...for sure...
Not a banner day for me thus far. My meeting with my adviser was mediocre and too brief to cover what I needed to. Class was preachy and boring. I was struggling to stay awake. Now I have a 10 page paper to write (due at midnight) and I forgot my headphones. Hope everyone else in the library likes Vaughan Williams and/or The Hunger Games...
Why those two things? Well, Vaughan Williams is calming and Fantasia on Thomas Tallis is almost exactly 15 minutes long, so it helps me keep track of the passing time. I can't explain why The Hunger Games helps me write papers. Maybe because it makes me thankful I'm writing papers instead of offing my colleagues.
But this paper is really all I have to do for this week, so maybe I'll get some of my other projects done. And I have lunch with Sarah tomorrow! And the lunch I planned for WSA is on Wednesday and then it's over!
I am excited about the classes I get to take next semester though -- couple of worship classes, two travel seminars, and a class on contemporary evangelism. I'll only have class on Monday and Wednesday, which is pretty darn wonderful.
And now I should really go buy headphones and get back to work. Scheduled break begins in 2 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment