So I finished my paper and submitted it last night at 11:20 -- it was due at midnight, so I think I did a good job of getting it done on time. It usually takes me about an hour to write one page, so for a 10 page assignment you're looking at an all day event, however this time I wrote 12 pages in 7 hours (including proofreading and editing time, which I normally forgo), so that's either a mark of personal growth, or a sign that I wrote a really crappy paper. I really need to learn to properly outline a paper. I am working on it.
So, that really was all I had to get done this week. I'm sitting in the library feeling like I've forgotten something, which is bothersome.
Oh! I've discovered my new favorite pop album. It's a couple of years old, but I'm totally digging the Givers In Light album. I ended up listening to that while writing my paper yesterday instead of the usual. It's pretty harmonically simplistic, but the grooves are good. Here's my favorite track so far:
So I ordered this DVD called Essential Yoga for Inflexible People and it came in the mail yesterday. I think I'm going to go home after work tonight and do it. I'm getting creaky in my old age and I'm not okay with it. Plus stretching is just good for you.
I have to do this ritual for my Resource Scarcity & Resilience class and I was just going to do a group prayer, but apparently that's not sensory enough... So I was thinking about providing some kind of focal/meditation point and doing some kind of intoning thing (which might actually be too sensory). These are the things you get when you search for "glass aquarium rocks" on Amazon: Nature Shimmer Aquarium Glass Pebbles, The Roots of Rock Drumming Book/DVD, and NFL Buffalo Bills Two Piece Rocks Glass Set. One of these things is not like the other, and it's the thing I actually need.
I'm working on a Sunday school lesson series for 12-16 year olds for the same class, which, though I've never written curriculum before, is turning out to be a lot of fun. It's kind of evolving as I work on it and I'm able to incorporate a lot of the stuff I'm learning in other classes into what I'm planning for the kids.
I also have to write an Advent devotional for 4-6 year olds, you know, because Advent is a simple theological concept.. Academic writing, sensory writing, and writing for adolescents and kids...it's stretching my brain in weird new ways.
Emily -- send me some nephew photos stat! I've got to keep up my cute nephew street cred! Also, I would like to point out that I haven't gotten a care package from home all semester. Text me if you need my address, but I'm measuring your love for me in cookies mailed to my house.
Okay, I'm going to go find Chinese food before discussion group. Go China!
No comments:
Post a Comment