I am making a concerted effort to blog more, partially because I'm not going home for Thanksgiving and partially because spending so much time with family makes me realize how much I don't want to lose that connection. Grandpa's memorial was as happy as a sad event could be, but the best part was hanging out with family. There was a reunion of our family band, The Bi-Coastals. It was honestly one of the most fun things I've ever done, singing with my aunts and uncles and getting to hear my cousin play guitar (we've been cousins for nearly 30 years and this is the first time I hear him play...downright shameful). So, thus, heretofore I blog more.
Also, I'm crazy on top of stuff. I just finished a project that's not due for another 72 hours...Sometimes I don't know who I am. Seriously, who am I? If I met me on a street corner I wouldn't know me. For a lot of reasons.
I've been on sound overload lately. I'm not sure why now exactly, but I've been feeling crabby so I know I have to hide to counteract the crab. Being forced to talk is exhausting and frustrating. Probably has something to do with having to dissect all my words all the time. Seriously, I now do things like stop myself mid conversation to correct a theologically questionable pronoun, sometimes only to find that I've entirely over-thought the conversation (I know you find this surprising) since using 'he' for Jesus is totally okay because Jesus was a dude (Have you ever seen him and Jeff Bridges together? Makes you wonder...). Exhausting. So, Desi, if you're reading this it's not you. It's me. I just need some silence.
Yesterday and today were nice because I had the house all to myself (Desi, see above paragraph). Yesterday I slept in and then Sarah and I went and had Mexican food. The place didn't serve Pepsi or Coke, because apparently Somerville makes its own cola. I didn't know. It's pretty good. Then I went home and watched the most recent James Bond movie -- I love a good (or bad) spy/action movie! And then I went to sleep. At 8. It was glorious! Today I went to the reading retreat and got a lot of work accomplished (with headphones in and minimal discussion) AND I got free meals! It's a win/win.
Tomorrow is my pre-K Advent event. So far as I can tell it hasn't been advertised, so attendance may be minimal. If no one shows up I'm going to trace my hands to make my own Advent wreath...so...stay tuned for that... After all, aren't we all just giant children?
No comments:
Post a Comment