So I'm trying to send pictures in an email, but technology hates me...
Here are the photos instead. Sorry I wasn't able to send them to you directly. :(
 |
| This is Copley Square, where the big public library is. The building on
the right with the red and green lights is a hotel. The building on
the left is part of an old church. The library is behind me. |
 |
| This is the library reading room. I don't know if it's THE reading
room, but it's like something out of a movie. I almost need a tweed
blazer to do homework in it. |
 |
| This is the main library staircase. You can practically feel the
knowledge. And the lions know I'm not a native--natives don't take
pictures of library staircases. I've come to terms with it. |
 |
| This is the back side of the chapel (right) and the College of Arts and
Sciences (left). The School of Theology mirrors the CAS on the other
side of the chapel, but I didn't get a photo from that angle. We got a
little snow over the weekend, but it was nearly 60 on Sunday so it all
melted. |
 |
| These are my three closest friends here. From left to right: Sarah
(Toronto), Desi (Oklahoma City), and Haley (Jackson, MS). If I don't
get an RA position for next year I'll be living with Sarah and Haley. |
 |
| He's hard to see, but there's a guy in there playing a banjo. He's a bit like Burt from Mary Poppins, in that he plays that whole thing and sings songs, primarily renditions of The Beatles. It's pretty magical. |
 |
| We took a duck tour of Boston. That bridge goes somewhere. |
 |
| Our duck tour was the same day as the Boston Regatta. We didn't win. Also, that's downtown Boston behind the boats, and I think those trees are the Esplanade. |
 |
| This is me standing next to a found metal version of David. He definitely could use some magnetic clothes. |
 |
| This is the site of the Boston Massacre. In 1775 the other buildings weren't there. |
 |
| Just an interesting perspective shot of the old state house, where the Boston Massacre happened. The historical sights are preserved, but the modern stuff is right smack next to it. There's even a subway stop right under the historic building. It's really neat, but also kind of nuts. |
 |
| Paul Revere's house. It has a nice little garden, but where did he put all those kids? It might as well be shaped like a shoe. | | | | | |
|
|
|
so cool! I wanna come...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you to come and see me! I know where some of the cool stuff is now.
Delete