Monday, October 1, 2012

Giggling Gems #10: My really good buddy

Catch the first one with the explanation of what the heck this is here.

10-2-97
*Maggie*
Waz ↑ with U?  I'm glad we have one other class together besides stupid band.  Taddington Square is really boring, don't you think?  (Middle school band music is boring.)  Maybe sometime you can come to one of my volleyball games and then spend the night afterwards.  Maybe this next Friday.  I don't know.  I'll ask my dad.  Sit by me on the bus going to the high school.  Well, write me back something sometime.  I'll see you Monday at Life Science if you don't have Mr. Ingalls.

Your friend,
Samantha

P.S. Your my
really good
buddy!

Apparently I wasn't such a good buddy back.  :'(  Sadness follows...

*Maggie*
Thanks for coming to our volleyball game yesterday.  And also for sitting over with me behind the 8th grade bench.  Your my really good buddy.  I'm glad I get to come over to your hay-ride on Halloween.  It will be pretty awesome.  (They were.)  I hope Coach Clines doesn't make us run a lot in practice after school!!  Please don't laugh at any-more of Bo Cowell's stupid jokes about the volleyball teams.  (I laugh at almost anything, including when I'm uncomfortable.  I can also a little inconsiderate...  Don't know which one this was, but I feel bad about it now.)  I don't know how you can stand him.  He is so rude!  Don't you get mad when he says you are an elephant instead of a girl.  That makes me mad, because he's making fun of one of my friends. 
(Actually, when people make that much fun of you you kind of get used to it.  But even though I don't remember this, it feels good now to know that someone had my back.)  I won't laugh at him anymore if you don't.  It really hurts my feelings when he cracks stupid jokes like that about the team!  I'm glad you're my buddy!!!  (I'm grateful you were my buddy.  I don't think I realized the loyalty involved at the time.)

Have fun the rest of the day!

Your buddy,
Samantha :)

I'm pretty sure I earned that stern talking to.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet! She apparently wanted to get it through your thick skull that you were her buddy. Bo Cowell sounded like an unpleasant person- wish I knew who that was...

    ReplyDelete