I look forward to the days when I'm not so emotional. Who knows when that will be. Sigh...
Between Dad's progress, school, and now work I feel like I get no rest. I'm basically not sleeping, and yet I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be.
Today (well, now yesterday) Dad went home after three awful months -- months I hope I never have to repeat. I am astute enough to realize that at some point I probably will have to relive them, either with my own family or another, but I hope it's a while yet. Dad still has a long way to go, and was never long on patience, but in the midst of his confusion and pain I hope he realizes what he needs to do. My recollection of him is that he was always good at prioritizing important tasks -- I hope that's still in him somewhere.
Today my Hebrew Bible teacher tearfully announced that her husband has bladder cancer and is having surgery pretty immediately. I wanted to hug all 80, bony pounds of her so badly. I cried on the shuttle all the way to work. Her lecture today was emotional, and afterward I wanted to tell her about what was going on in my life, and that God was still a god of miracles and love and comfort. I may still send her a note -- I don't know if that's creepy and weird.
Tonight I went out with some friends and had a wonderful time. I'm fairly certain that my worries of finding friends were misguided, nevertheless they were real at the time. I hope I get to introduce them to people at home at some point -- I'm not one who likes to live with separate but equal friend groups. I think MLK Jr. would be okay with that, but I have yet to get into his papers to research it.
I really need to sleep, after all, tomorrow (well, today really) is another day, and I have to be at work at 8:30am. Yay...
To all of you who I don't get to talk to frequently, which is most of you, know that I love and miss you. I hope your lives are as blessed as mine has been of late!
How I love you, my little darling!
ReplyDeleteThat's not creepy and weird to want to write your prof a note. I can't tell you how many cards and notes your dad and I received. They made me feel so blessed knowing people truly care about us and are praying, really praying for us. So write her that note. You and she will be better for it.
ReplyDelete