Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Trust and obey, for there's no other way

Today was a hard day.  I know they're only going to get tougher for a while.  One thing keeps coming to mind: if we ride this roller coaster, following the ups and downs, motion sickness will set in.  We will be dizzy and disoriented.  Any dancer will tell you that the trick to avoiding dizziness is to find a focal point and...focus on it.

So what is my focal point?  What do choose to think on? God tells us to depend on him for everything, but how well do I do that?

Philippians 4 says, "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

Matthew 6 says, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Ashleigh Brilliant is...well...brilliant...

We're supposed to focus on each day on its own and not worry about what the future holds because we know of God's love for us.  He knows what we need and he loves us enough to give it to us.  Today didn't exactly feel like love.  I think I need my dad and I think he needs me, but maybe more than that we both need God, and I have to be contented and rejoice in his perfect plan.  I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet, but I'll get there.

Today I didn't do a very good job of being positive, but I will try and do better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Love ya Maggie, and I'm praying for you guys. Glad you know the Truth and it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it that you are having to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Doll, thank you for your help. As I read/read (past & present tense) I have blessed with your thoughts. I love your strength. It really helps me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete