Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cooking Without Boarders, or Recipes

Tonight's dinner recipe developed as it cooked.  The beginning idea was that I had a pork loin roast in the fridge that needed to be used.

The original recipe is here.  The only part that remains is the pork and the mustard.  I didn't even cook it the same way...I've always had trouble with authority, even if it was a just a recipe.

When you're making meat dishes you're usually supposed to merinade them at least overnight.  This was last minute for me so there was minimal preparation.

Take your pork loin and put it on a greased baking sheet.  I took mustard (I had lavender-infused mustard...couldn't pass it up) and added some fat free pear-ginger salad dressing I had in the fridge.  Then I added 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only) and some fresh ground black pepper.  Spread it on your roast and bake for 40ish minutes -- longer if your roast is still cold (mine was).  If you're concerned about microscopic critters and meat temperature (I'm not) you should cook it until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees fahrenheit.  Allow the meat to rest before cutting.

I also roasted brussle sprouts.  Roasted them for about 20 minutes with the roast.  Took them out, added some sliced almonds ("hey, I have almonds in the freezer...what happens if I add them?") and roasted them for another 10-15 minutes, or until they look caramelized.

I didn't take pictures, but trust me, you'll want to try both of these recipes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment