Newton's laws are probably not to be applied as I'm about to. Do I care? Nope.
Newton's first law basically states that a body in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. This is very applicable to life. We go on our merry (or not so merry, in some cases) way until something forces us to make a change. As pastor Bob Casady said once in a sermon, "Change happens when the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain required to change."
Newton's second law basically sucks. I'm sure it's mother told it it was very important and that the other laws would learn to love it in time. Maybe. Or maybe not.
Newton's third law basically states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Cause and effect. What I like about this law is that if I can identify the action I can predict the reaction. Often I can choose a different action with a better reaction.
So with that thought I'm going out to comb the local neighborhoods for a walking route that doesn't look too scary. I want to change, but I don't want to get mugged.
No comments:
Post a Comment