Sunday, May 22, 2011

April Showers Bring May...Tornadoes?

We're apparently having tornadoes mucho.  Awesome.  I really hate wind.

In other news, the gardening yesterday was pretty much like I expected it to be -- unexpected.  I got my peas weeded and that was my main goal.  I planted another 24 tomato plants.  We also planted 5 hills of watermelon.

It always starts out as a team effort.  Dad says, "If you do this part I'll do this part," and then he gets involved in 15 other projects and it turns into, "hey I've got to go do this -- can you take care of finishing this up?"  It doesn't bother me, I just think it's funny.

Then I went to Em and Jim's house for a backyard firepit party.  It was a good time.  Em is silly and hilarious.  And I discovered that if you put peanut butter on s'mores they become delicious.  One of Em's work friends from Michigan introduced us to them.  I have never liked s'mores before.  Not cool, Michigan, not cool.

**edit**

If anyone ever tells you that gardening is not a good work out please make sure to call them a liar.  To their face.  From me.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment