Monday, May 30, 2011

"Let's go plant some beans into the garden scene..."

Yes, that is a direct quote from Dad today as we were working in the garden.  And yes, it was sung to the tune of "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins.

So, we planted beans.  Three 15' long rows.  And five 12' long rows of corn.  And three rows of Zenias.  And a row of Bachelor Buttons.  And a row of poppies.  We've got space to plant more corn in two more stages, the idea being that it will mature in stages and you'll have fresh corn longer.  We didn't get around to planting more melon.  That will have to be done next weekend.

My peas are flowering!

They're going nuts!  I planted them too far from the cattle panel so they're not climbing very well.  Lesson learned.  We also have 8 watermelon/squash/pumpkin plants up.  The tomatoes aren't growing very well I don't think but Dad doesn't seem to be concerned.  The potatoes are doing well, but something is nibbling on their tops.

Purse party next weekend -- woo!  Hopefully there will be better pictures because I bought a camera last night!  It was kind of on a whim, but I'd also been looking at them/thinking about one for a while.  Darn you Memorial Day sales!  And yes, I know Mom, the megapixels on this thing are astounding.  I'm going to take pictures of the hairs on the inside of your nose while you sleep and plaster them all over the internet, unless you pay me...one MILLION dollars...(strokes hairless cat).

I have to go back to work tomorrow, le sigh.  But it's a four day week!  And Mom took in my dress which means I can wear it tomorrow!  I need to get a picture of me taken.  Maybe when this camera comes in...

I will spare you more cute puppy photos.  I've been told they make people "feel all warm and fuzzy like" which is apparently a bad thing.

Now, I must bathe.  I smell like a buffalo that's been gardening all day.  Oh give me a home where the buffalo garden, and the deer and the antelope make cider using "house pressure"...  House pressure...a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment