Sunday, May 19, 2013

Moving Day

Miracle helped me get my boxes out to Green House today, because she is my hero.  Everything I currently own in Boston (other than my summer clothes and a small nightstand) fits into 4 boxes.  I find that pretty wonderful.  We had a long talk with Josh (who also appreciates Jim Cymbala -- a rare find...) and managed to solve most of the world's problems.  Feel free to rest easy; we have it taken care of.

Then Miracle and I went to lunch at a place called Tom Can Cook.  The sign was an Italian looking guy with a wok pan...?  It advertised Asian fusion food.  There was a lot of fusion going on.  The food was kind of weird (there were tomato quarters in my fried rice) but good, and the music selection was beyond eclectic -- classical oboe arias, Celtic tribal music, Caribbean beats, smooth jazz.  It was wonderful.

Then Miracle dropped me off at the Riverside station and I rode the T all the way back home.  It turns out that Riverside is where Boston keeps all the nature.  Okay, not all, but a lot of it.  It's also where, on the way back, you can be transported back in time.

Too bad I forgot my carpet bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment