I had a series of dreams as I was waking up this morning that were remarkably strange.
I was at the 4th of July parade (in a city that very much resembled NYC) and after watching some clowns do aerial tricks involving lots of falling off of buildings and bouncing between trampolines I went to check out the craft booths. What did I find but Charles Barkley selling really pretty jewelry and arguing with my sax teacher, Tina, about the value of art music and music theory homework in general. He was for, but she was against.
Then suddenly this girl from high school showed up and something was said about how she was from the Pacific Rim (to my knowledge she really isn't) and that when she went into an acting audition the guy asked her to pretend she was from the Pacific Rim and she couldn't believe he thought she needed to pretend. At this point Tina, who never knew this girl, says, "Don't worry, your sisters are much uglier than you," to which I replied, "what does her being from the Pacific Rim have anything to do with being ugly?"
Apparently this really impressed Charles Barkley, and he and Tina invited me to join their combo session later -- they were going to do a bunch of Bon Jovi songs with Tina on sax and Charles Barkley on concertina. They wanted me to play bass. I don't play bass, but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, so I spent the rest of the dream trying to figure out if I could talk to them into letting me transpose it for bari sax (it really is an easy transposition).
And as weird as that all is, I woke up a little disappointed that I wasn't going to get to hear Charles Barkley play the concertina.
I'm not really sure when this post turned into "funny pictures of Charles Barkley", but I'm glad that it did.
***Edit***
I did look for pictures of Charles Barkley playing the concertina, and all I found was a clip that said, "I don't know anything about Angola, but they in trouble." That might be my new favorite saying.
Wow!!!
ReplyDelete