Monday, June 30, 2014

Non Sequitur, and the many facial expressions of Maggie

These are the sorts of conversations I get ambushed by all the time.

I was walking back from the coy machine, minding my own business...

Have you been by Lamberts lately?
No.  Not in...probably 5 years.
Well we were there last Sunday and, you know, they added on that new room?
*cue pleasant, but confused face (while thinking about how I would know this, not having been there in more than 5 years)*
Well, they turned the gift shop into another room for eating.
Ok?
Mom said that the biscuits didn't taste right.  So I thought maybe they were under new ownership or something.
*cue interested, but unknowing face*
I didn't know if anything had been said about it?
Not that I know of. 
Okay, well I just didn't know if anything had been said.

Why would I know this?  Is this related to the church somehow?  Where would it have been announced?  From the pulpit?  During intercessory prayer?  "Dear Lord, be with the new owners of Lamberts and with their flour, that it might make biscuits whose aroma doth please even you"?

I have no idea why I was the recipient of this gem.  Maybe I was just the passerby that happened to be there when the thought hatched.  But it seems as though this is at least part of why God has put me on earth, to hear, appreciate, and wonder at the full spectrum of weird and wonderful that is humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment