I have this reoccurring dream, a part of which involves trying to get from the 5th floor balcony of my (2 story) undergrad performance hall to the 6th. The issue is that there is no direct stairway, rather a catwalk that somehow involves going aaaall the way around the inside rim of the auditorium, a basket ball goal from my elementary school, a pull-down attic ladder (just the ladder), and a ramp made from pieces of board held together with duct tape and string, all with no hand rails.
In last night's rendition of the dream the basket ball goal had been replaced by a double organ console that I had to scuttle over while carrying raffle items to the 6th floor. I snapped, and while swearing a blue streak about what total nonsense this whole arrangement was, I drew a blueprint for stairs using a black and white photo and a red sharpie, very Wile E. Coyote-esq.
Stress dream? Probably. But bottom line, don't make me climb over organs while carrying Beanie Babies.
Living with the people your living with will cause you to have dreams like this...it's the food ;)
ReplyDelete