You know that a class is a joke when someone in the class has taken the time to create a BINGO board of common, over-used, cliche, platitude-like phrases AND half of the class is playing it during lecture (and discussing it on facebook)...
Some of my favorite squares are:
- Weaving metaphors
- Johnny or Brian snaps
- Attend to/hold on to someone's story
- Can I piggyback on that comment?
- Add 'radical' to a word <-- i.e. "radical hegemony" or "radical fruitloops"
It's pretty disrespectful, actually, but it points to the way that we all feel about the class. If 60 racially/theologically/sexually/geographically diverse people all believe that the material being presented lacks value, you might have a problem with your curriculum, or at the very least your pedagogy.
On the upside, I created this Justice Troll:
So...yeah....I'm going to go back to playing BINGO and reading for another class.
WOW, that sounds fun, and awful. Makes me scared to teach a college class. Actually it reminds me of Dr. hewhoshallnotbenamed- if only we had had a bingo game back then!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have a bingo board, but we did have SodeePop...
Delete