For a section of one of my classes I have to take a 3 class intensive on Ethical Leadership. The professor is supposedly a big deal, but all he does is talk about how cool he is. I wish I were kidding. He's not even coy about it -- the other day he actually said, "You are lucky to be in my class. Look how cool I am. I mean, I'm really cool." Oye...
There are three books we have to read, two by other authors and one by this professor. The books by the other authors were scanned and provided to us. His book was not. Really? Are you kidding me? The one book you actually have property rights to you don't provide, but the other ones you provide illegally? And you want me to let you teach me about ethical leadership? I have no use for that.
One of the things his book talks about is the difference between right and good -- right being what society has deemed socially acceptable in accordance with law and good being what is good in accordance with "the divine" or "spiritual being" (barf). Right would be making the students purchase all the books, or go to the library and borrow them. And you could make a case that the good would be providing copies (even if illegal) for notoriously poor students for learning purposes. But he didn't do either of those things in full. He cheated the other authors on their books and cheated the students on his own book. Completely self-serving.
Again, I repeat, and you want me to let you teach me about ethical leadership? I have no use for that.
"Everybody! Come and see how good I look!" I think Ron Burgundy could teach you more about ethics.
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Now the next time I have class that's all I'll be able to think about...and that will actually make it better!
DeleteI think we should go back to our under educated, antiquated agrarian ways and work hard and mind our own business and prove our own ethical-ness with truth and a handshake. Then we could see who are and are not the poops.
ReplyDelete