Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ziggety Zaggedy Splitch Sploch

So now that I live in a new place with new people all my quirks are new and fascinating again!  Yay!  I'm hip!

One of my quirks that people are coming to learn is my inability (some might say refusal) to follow recipes.  Frequent readers will know that, for me, bucking recipe suggestions is a moral obligation I have to my pioneer roots.  My most recent creation: pink lemonade frosting.

This week was my turn to make community dinner.  One baked potato bar later we were still short a dessert.  What to make, what to make....funfetti cookies!!  You know what's even more fun than funfetti?  Funfetti with frosting.  You know what's even more fun than funfetti with frosting?  Funfetti with pink lemonade frosting!

Recipe:
1 box Betty Crocker funfetti cookie mix, prepared per box instructions
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
pink lemonade Crystal Light drink mix, to taste

Once your cookies have cooled, mix your powdered sugar with your milk until you get a mid-weight, glaze consistency frosting.  Add the drink mix to your desired lemoney-ness.  A little goes a looooong way.

For extra cool points, you can go all Jackson Pollock on the cookies.  I made a batch of lemon frosting and a batch of plain (mostly because the lemon batch was...overpowering) and ziggety zaggedy splitch sploched all over my funfetti cookies.  They were beautiful AND tasty.  And also, apparently, impressive.

I have no pictures of my cookies, but, as promised, I do have pictures of two of my favorite people:
The Eclectic Earth Mama and the Urban Ballerina.

3 comments:

  1. Emmy's right! Sounds really good. I was looking at lemon cookies while at the grocery store last week. A small package was too expensive, the cheapy package was too large. I didn't want to eat that many cookies, although I could have. Ok, I did want to eat them all, but knew I SHOULDN'T!

    So, in being true to your pioneer roots, did you actually follow the directions to the Funfetti cookie mix? I'm smelling a contradiction, however a yummy contradiction (remembering Mrs. Keeler saying that there was no way your mother's favorite food was cookies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed the directions, but I didn't measure. Also, it was Mrs. Choate. :P

    ReplyDelete