I've discovered a show called The Vicar of Dibley. It's about a small English village who's 100+ year old vicar dies and the replacement turns out to be a woman, Geraldine. It's pretty funny...
This is the opening scene from season 1 episode 6:
Alice:
You know that stuff that they're selling now at the local shop?
Geraldine Granger:
Which stuff?
Alice:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Geraldine Granger:
Oh, yeah.
Alice:
Well, you know, I can't believe it's not butter.
Geraldine Granger:
Yeah, well, I believe that is the idea, yeah.
Alice:
Then yesterday I went to Kirkenden and I bought this other stuff, like a sort of home brand, you know.
Geraldine Granger:
Yes?
Alice:
And, you know, I can't believe it's not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Geraldine Granger:
Mmmm?
[pause]
Geraldine Granger:
I'm losing you now.
Alice:
Oh, right. Well, you know I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?
Geraldine Granger:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you think it is butter.
Alice:
No, no. I mean, you know the stuff that I can't believe is not butter is called I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?
Geraldine Granger:
Probably, yeah, yeah.
Alice:
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not
Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. And I can't believe that
both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe
is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter.
And I believe... they both might be butter... in a cunning disguise.
And, in fact, there's a lot more butter around than we all thought there
was.
Geraldine Granger:
Yeah. You see, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sure God does and is intrigued by the whole thing.
HAHAHAHA. That sounds about like the conversations here at home between the two old people. They can't follow a conversation, even if they can audibly hear each other. And in their case too, God is somehow interested in following their conversation.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!!! is mom talking about her and dad?
ReplyDelete