| Nothing says "grown up" like orange soda. |
Ingredients:
Lean ground meat -- I've made it with both beef and turkey
Olive oil (if needed)
Chopped onion
Garlic
Sliced Mushrooms
Worcestershire sauce
Red pepper flakes, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
Flour
Crusty bread
Directions:
Brown your meat in a pan with spices. Add oil if needed to keep meat from sticking to the pan and burning. Add onions and cook until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook until soft. Add Worcestershire sauce. Make a flour roux to thicken sauce. Slice bread and toast. Serve meat mixture over bread.
You've probably noticed there are no proportions. I guesstimate a lot. I like it about even parts meat, onion, and mushrooms, but you can play with it and do your own things. If you don't have enough liquid to make sauce just add more Worcestershire sauce. I also only had sandwich bread, so that's what I used.
Bone ah pet it!
Isn't this what we made a week or two ago? It was good!!! Did we have orange soda? What vinetage was it?
ReplyDelete