Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday = Hump Day

The week is half over, the week is half over!  That was so good I'm going to repeat it again.  The week is half over, the week is half over!

Walked in the park yesterday with Kristen.  We saw five deer!  Kinda sorta.  It was twilight and my vision isn't so good, but they were vaguely deer shaped.  And they were bouncy like deer.  We only walked for about half an hour because it was on the dark and cold side, but it was very pretty watching the sun go down over the lake at Nathanael Green.  The loop around the lake seems big so we probably got in a mile and a half.

When I got home from work tonight I went and walked at the park across the street from my apartment and walked two miles.  It only took me 36 minutes.  The loop is half a mile and for every lap I walked I got lapped four times by this guy running.  Demoralizing.

But both nights I have stretched and I haven't felt like an old woman with a cane carrying a sack of groceries across an intersection afterward.  In the words of the immortal Burt Lancaster, "Stretching.  I recommend it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment