The help I was promised has never materialized and nothing has been watered so that there's anything still growing in this heat is amazing. There are lots of melons (really no surprise there given all that we planted) and tomatoes. The melons aren't quite ready to harvest yet, but the tomatoes are!
| I love tomatoes. They're one of the top ten best things about summer. (In case you're wondering, #1 best thing about summer is round hay bales, and the #2 best thing is the 4th of July.) |
Since I had fresh produce it was pretty much mandatory that I make something with it for lunch. I just happened to notice there was fresh basil in the window sill and then I found part of a fresh mozzarella ball in the fridge. Kismet? Add a little butter and some heat and you get a very yummy. summery sandwich.
| **full disclosure** I burned one side of the sandwich so I scraped off the black and photographed the opposing side. |
Sorry I missed the text to get more cheese. Dang, could have been great.
ReplyDelete