So Thursday was a weird and wonderful day. Work was blegh as usual, but after work I went to get my hair cut. She was running late (as usual) so while I waited I wandered the mall helping people pick out shoes and having conversations with hip old ladies in teal suede boot/sandals over the sale racks (why yes, sale racks ARE dangerous...).
When I got back to the salon she still wasn't ready for me so I watched two other stylists try to talk a woman out of a perm. They were unsuccessful. I didn't see the aftermath, but I'm sure it was a bloodbath. Wailing and gnashing and tearing of sackcloth and all that.
An hour after my scheduled appointment she was finally ready for me -- come to find out their entire credit/debit card system had gone down and the files were having to be rebuilt. I knew she hadn't had a smoke break and because I'm nice (and because I didn't want her stressed out AND noccotine deprived with sharp objects near my face) we went out for a smoke break and I really got to know what she thought of things...whoohoo!
So, because I had to wait so long and she couldn't take my money right then anyway she gave me the haircut for free! Totally worth the wait -- I saved myself $50! They actually charge more for long hair, which I don't understand since long or short when you're just getting a trim it's the same amount of work. I digress.
Then when I went to the grocery store the lady in the produce department sold me a whole box of peaches for $15! It felt a little like a black market deal, "Excuse me, what are you going to do with those peaches?" "Uh, I'm going to eat them like apples..." "What if I told you I could sell you these peaches AND a whole mess like them for $15." "Sold!" She wasn't wearing a trench coat, but I still felt a little dirty. And the "whole mess" part IS a direct quote.
So tomorrow I'm going over to Tamara's and we're making jam. Woohoo! I gotta get jars and such tomorrow after church. My apartment smells like peaches -- it's pretty great. Pictures and details to follow.
I'm so jealous. I need to make some jam. Stat.
ReplyDeleteActually, I called you and then Em before deciding to take the peaches for myself. You didn't answer your phone so you missed out...
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try to make friends with the produce lady so keep your fingers crossed.
Also, I now own a water bath canner and all necessary equipment so let me know the time and place. July "craft" nite?
I have all that business too... and dang it! I do remember you calling me now... I think I was taking a nap or something. Dang it! Those cans of jam look awesome!
ReplyDelete