But before the fun: today for class we went to Harvard's arboretum. We just got to wander for an hour. I found a spot and just watched. I saw a bunch of cardinals (male and female) and another kind of black bird I couldn't identify. Plus, I saw some squirrels and a snake! It was nice to see trees, and touch new grass (didn't pick it since I don't have a vase) but I spent 4 hours on the train in total where all I could think about was the paper I wasn't working on.
![]() |
| This reminded me of the hillside at Grandma's where Josh, Em, and I used to build forts to keep the Gerries out. Josh was obsessed with Gerries. Emily and I just liked being outside. |
![]() |
| I love all the different colors of green in tree leaves, especially as the sun shines through them. |
So Desi's folks are staying in our living room. We had friends over tonight so that they could all meet Desi's family, so I made minestrone soup and we served a loaf of homemade bread (we make the communion bread for church and it always makes two loaves -- that's right, communion every single week). The soup was really, really good. Desi made me use a recipe (but I didn't follow it...ssssh...).
Ben brought wine and we ate and laughed and talked. It was fun. Then I went and finished my paper.
Nothing screams "adult meal" like a dinosaur Ramen spoon. Truthfully, I don't remember anymore where I got this spoon, but it has always made me happy. Somehow it ended up in Boston with me, and it still makes me happy.
Tomorrow I'm going to Providence, Rhode Island with Haley, Lauren, and Evan, and then on Monday I'm going to Maine. Happy Columbus Day weekend! I guess I'm conquering new lands...? But in a totally non-colonial sense.
But let's be real, you'd be lucky to be in any colony I ran. I'll let you know when applications are available. That's right, applications -- I'm not taking just any Joe Schmoe. But if you know a Joe Schmoe let me know; that'd be some feather in my colonial cap.



No comments:
Post a Comment