Having just come from the home of government mandated healthcare, this is what is on my mind. This is just my observation, but doesn't government mandated healthcare sort of violate the "women's right to choose" principle?
If we assert that it is a woman's right (and man's right) to choose in one area and then mandate a policy in another doesn't that make us hypocrites?
Traditionally the "right to choose" argument is a liberal (or is "progressive" the PC term now?) argument, and, coincidentally, the push for government mandated healthcare is coming from liberals (come on, we all know Romney is a liberal in sheep's clothing). I find this fascinating. And sickening. It's like a car wreck that affects the future of our national identity. I think it comes down to this: do we want to be a nation of chattel, or do we want to be the pioneers of our own destiny?
For the record, personally I am pro-life, but it's with the understanding that the only life I can govern is my own. I 100% believe that every woman has the right to choose what is right for her in her life. Technically that makes me pro-choice.
More on Boston to come later. First I must retire to my boudoir...to pass out and drool like the ungraceful farm hand I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment