Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tasty Tasty Inspiration

Inspired by Emmy in the Making and hungry with no time to shop I made a delicious salad with what I already had in the fridge:
There was a lone chicken tenderloin piece, but it didn't make it into the salad.  I was too hungry.
Spinach, cremini mushrooms, kalamata olives, carrots, feta cheese and a home made vinaigrette dressing.  It was a tasty salad, but the most exciting part was the dressing.

Light olive oil, white wine vinegar, red paper flakes, and cilantro paste.  I like my vinaigrette heavier on the vinegar side than the oil side, but you can do whatever tickles your taste buds.  The cilantro is what made the whole entire salad.  Herbs in a tube are the best thing since sliced bread.  Never before has appearing to know what you're doing in the kitchen been easier!

Yes, that's me giving it a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment